Sunday, June 15, 2003

Brand New

This is my first attempt at a Blog. I'm not sure what I would write on such a public journal, but I thought I would provide personal thoughts on my life and the world around me. I might even use it as a sounding board to talk about my research; y'know, a way to talk to myself, to see how my current thoughts look like in text form.

In a way, this is like the Pillow Book 枕の草子 by Sei Shonagon 清少納言. She wrote her thoughts on poetry, on lifestyle, on likes and dislikes, on gossip around the the imperial palace; and her writing was available to many to read.

I don't know if I can do this regularly, but I will try to keep it updated.

This weblog will be mostly in English with a smattering of Japanese, depending on my mood.
If you can't read Japanese, try right clicking the screen, choose 'encoding', then select 'Japanese'. If you don't have the appropriate fonts to read Japanese, then click on this link.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/recommended/ime/default.asp

Anyway, let's see how this turns out.

No comments: