Thursday, November 13, 2003

Scheduled for tomorrow

Have you ever had Hiroshima-style Okonomiyaki? Well, that's what I'm making for my students tomorrow, my bungo students, that is. I figure they work long and hard to learn one of the most difficult aspects of Japanese language, and they deserve a little luvin', no?

My desk at work
Will someone clean up my desk for me? I know I have Kai's recommendation form somewhere here... And I'm pretty sure my notes for next weeks class are also. Hmmm...

Freakin' 47:
Kyzer, dude. You must have more time than I do... er, check that, you maulttask as well as I do... Yeah, I'm 47 freaking years old. And to show me how special that number is, Kizer reminded me of the 47 samurai, the 47 prefectures of Japan.... He also offered the link to the 47 society. I kid you not. There IS such a society. Click it and see. http://www.47.net/47society/


More updates later....

More submissions:
I'm glad more are writing--I presume that these submissions were composed after reading the comments I made on the early submissions. Everyone is composing great poetry. The rules of senryu are strict and compel to make my commentaries, but they are all good and fun to read. If you haven't submitted one yet, feel free to; just submit it to Monday's post. I will read it. If those of you who have submitted one already want to submit another one, or a reworked one, that is fine too. This is, for me, fun to do... I'm such a JapLit weenie. hahahahaha

I will comment on these shortly but if anyone wants too leave their own comments, feel free.

BarbEric_Bojo
Rumble inside gut
Cheeks tighten, Breath Held, Silence
A sigh of relief
Comments: Syllable count okay. This verse, although a bit uncouth, is close to what some think is senryu: Although I'm not sure if the the cheese was cut or not. Does "silence" suggest the gas was nt passed, or that it was an SBD (silent but deadly). The "sigh of relief" suggests the latter. Anyway, while funy, it would have been better if there was a sense of place--such as a crowded bus--something to give it context. As I said in the comments below, the senryu should be a photographic moment of life, your life... BarbEric, is this your life? Hehehe, just kidding.

kizyr
Just as I finish
Every study abroad form
I receive eight more
Comment: Syllable count okay. Any student who has studied abroad should relate to this: With all the documentation involved with gong to a foreign country, the process seems endless. But I'm unsure about receiving "eight more". When you finish one application, is someone else sending you more? Or are you trying to say that when you finish one of the forms, you find that there are 8 more to complete? This is a bit confusing. But it's all good. The kokoro is there, and that's what counts.


No comments: